Monday, September 6, 2010

New to the Blog world


Several months ago my daughter-in-law (DIL) Amanda suggested I start a blog so that we could keep up with going ons in life. I've been reading her blog since it's inception and today out of the blue decided to jump in with both feet.

A bit about myself and my family. I have 2 great sons, Gregg 23 and Craig 26, that I am very proud of. They have become fine young men. Both are military at this time. Being military is only a small portion of why I'm proud of them but for the large part is they are honorable, polite, well round gentlemen. Most of the time anyway.

I have two special DIL's, Amanda and Denna, that I love and want to develop and maintain a great relationship with. Amanda, Gregg's wife, is such a treasure. Without her I don't know how I would have made it through Gregg being deployed both times. She is the best thing that ever happened to him and she is the side that grounds him. Denna, Craig's wife, I'm just getting to know and can say that I already love her. I already see a difference in Craig's demeanor from boy to man.

Paul and I have been married a very long time. I love him dearly and will grow old with him. We recently, 4 years ago, moved from Memphis, to Washington and I haven't regretted it.  This is an absolutely beautiful place to live and it really doesn't rain as much as people tend to think that it does.

Till later. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely thrilled you started; you will see it helps relieve a lot of the daily stresses, and lets you brag about the good days..hehe. Thank you so much for what you wrote about me; I totally blushed! I love you and so grateful to have you in my life! Can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I can figure out the layout stuff it will be so much better. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete